SCHOOLS PROGRAM OVERVIEW
“HAVING FUN IS THE PRIMARY FOCUS OF OUR SCHOOL’S GRASSROOTS PROGRAM. COACHES TEACH THE GAME, AND TEAM VALUES”
FUN & FUNDAMENTALS DEVELOPMENT
The WSWBA School Clinics, Gala Days and School Coaching programs are an introductory basketball program that has been developed to nurture the love for the great game of basketball, while teaching the fundamental skills of the game to all NSW students from years K to 12. The programs are coached and coordinated by passionate coaches, delivered in a fun and action-packed format. The key objectives of these programs are to teach the skills required to play and enjoy the sport of basketball while teaching values and life lessons through sport.
Fundamental Skills Overview:
- Shooting & Finishing
- Dribbling & Ball Handling
- Passing & Rebounding
- Offensive & Defensive Fundamentals
- Decision Making Skills
- Small Sided Development Games
OUR VALUES – CHARACTER CULTIVATION
Life Lessons ‘The WSW Way”
A key added component to all our development programs for our community and schools, is “The WSW Way” or character cultivation initiative. This initiative aims to teach valuable life lessons that build character, integrity and leadership qualities, through sport and the game of basketball.
“The WSW Way” begins with a collective determination and mindset to conduct oneself appropriately in all circumstances. All WSW Basketball coaches and staff are required to promote WSW’s culture and values by following our 5 key values:
- HUMILITY – Respect for yourself and others: Inspire Others.
- PASSION –Commitment to excellence: Contagious Work Ethic
- UNITY –Team goals before individual goals: Team First Mindset
- COURAGE –To face adversity: Fearless Determination
- GRATITUDE –Thankfulness and appreciation: Practice Mindfulness